Daylight Savings

Daylights Savings Time (DST) started at the beginning of March and is almost over, ending on November 1st. Many people don’t agree with DST because they don’t think it is beneficial. I, on the other hand, think the opposite.

Daylights Savings Time is when Americans push our clocks forward an hour to save and make better use of daylight. DST is good for America because it can produce more safety. It is found that overall robberies drop about 27% during the evening after the time change. It is also safer for joggers and especially children because it’s known that creeps come out at night, and it’s not safe for kids to be out when it’s dark.  Most crime happens at night when less people can see. It also increases retail sales because more people will go shopping after work due to the longer daylight hours. A good economy is another benefit from Daylight Savings Time. Longer daylight means that more people drive which will increase gas and food sales. 

Daylight Savings can help with a lot of our problems. I think that it’s good that America does this, and that we should keep doing it. DST has been so good for America I believe more countries should start doing this. DST is good for the states.